Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Magnificant Mint...It's not just for gum anymore!

Sweet Mint
Good morning my fellow food lovers!  As some of you might know, I have a pretty descent sized garden and one of my herbs is mint.  Actually, I have three types of mint; peppermint, sweet mint, and chocolate mint.

Mint is a very hardy and fast growing herb, so I have more mint then I know what to do with.  This dilemma has inspired today's conversation.  What to do with all that mint?

Simple Syrup:
This option is my favorite!  Simple syrup is the best way to infuse almost any flavor into almost anything.  Follow these simple instructions and add a sprig of mint to transform instantly your simple "simple syrup" to mint simple syrup.

Interesting Ice Cubes
I am excited about this option!  Not only is this a great way to use mint leaves, but it also provides a touch of food art.  Here is how-to properly do mint infused ice cubes.  Remember to add the ice cubes to your tea, lemonade, or mojito.

Fruit Salad
We all have our version of a fruit salad, so why not take something we all love and give it a fresh update?  Adding mint leaves is simple but provides a huge flavor boost nobody will be expecting, but will certainly love.

I hope these ideas have inspired everyone to think inside and outside their culinary boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment